Luftwaffe Chief Engineer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Chief Engineer

Hi all - I have a query re the Luftwaffe Ingenieurkorps (Corps of Engineers), specifically in regards to the overall Luftwaffe chief engineer position.

I understand that the Ingenieurkorps chief engineer position held the rank of Generalstabsingenieur, which is equivalent to Major General. I understand that only one man held this position at any given time.

I can find one man who held this rank, Rulof Lucht, here -

http://reocities.com/Pentagon/bunker...cht_roluf.html

From what I can see he was retired in January 1943 (at the ripe old age of 41).

I have two questions -

Firstly, his profile doesn't indicate any information in regards to any decorations or awards he may have received. I have one photograph of him which is pre-war and only shows a long service medal - here he is in 1938 with some other famous faces, second from right:

I am unsure whether he would have qualified for too much but I am curious if anyone has any additional information on him or any other photographs?

Secondly, is anyone else aware of any other person who held this rank? I presume the position wasn't left vacant after January 1943?

If anyone can help me with my research I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Brad C

I found him KIA (?) 1945

http://denkmalprojekt.org/2017/vl-de...luftwaffe.html

Gerdan

Comment

As he was KIA when his Fieseler Storch was shot down by US anti-aircraft fire near Vienenburg /Goslar I thought he would have bee in a military / Luftwaffe job in this very moment.

But as he was Operations Leader with Messerschmidt GmbH Regensburg in that period (from
      2.4.34 - 103.45 ) he should have had no executive Luftwaffe function when he was killed.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks gentlemen - I too presume that he was holding no executive function in the Luftwaffe post January 1943 - I presume that someone would have been promoted to replace him? Does anyone have any information or know perhaps where I can look?

Thanks again,

Brad C

Comment

The picture appears to be from a meeting of the Luftwaffe Academy of Aeronautics, as evidenced by the membership badges they are wearing.

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Just reviving this one - I think I have found another photo of perhaps the same event - Lucht looks to be second from right?

Anyone know where I could perhaps find out any more information on him or whether he was succeeded by anyone?

Thanks,

BC
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi all - does anyone have any additional information regarding this old thread?

Thanks!

BC

Comment

only thing i have is this Haus Der Flieger invitation from 1939 from Lucht.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=996492

cheers, del.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X