9./Fsch.Pz.Rgt. "Hermann Göring" August 1944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9./Fsch.Pz.Rgt. "Hermann Göring" August 1944

I'm looking for information on this specific kompanie. My knowledge on the HG is zero. This is what I found online.

The HG Pz Div. was fighting in Italy against Allied forces. On the 15th of July 1944 they were taken out of the lines and moved to the Eastfront. At the end of July they reached the Weichselfront and became part of the 9. Armee.
    It fought the Red Army's III Tank Corps north of Warsaw in the battle of Radzymin (August 1-10). I also read that part of HG were fighting against the Warsaw Uprising.

Does someone with more knowledge about this division enlighten me about the 9. Kompanie's action during august 1944. Being a Panzer Regiment, does that mean most of its members were in a panzercrew?

Regards, Thomas

Die 9 kompanie was part of the III./Fsch.Pz.Rgt HG. On Feldgrau I found the following information provided bij Martin Block:

"According to the status report as of 1.9.1944 the Fsch.Pz.Div. HG still had 20 Jagdpz. IV on hand in the III./Fsch.Pz.Rgt. HG. Of these 14 were reported operational and 4 in short term repair which leaves 2 for long term repair, i.e. 11 must have been lost during the first month of combat on the Eastern Front."

Not easy (for me) to find information about the 9th (III) in the periode they were active around and maybe also in Warsaw.

Hope someone can shed more light on this kompanie's actions around that period.

Regards, Thomas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X