Leutnant Alfred Plettenbauer, 1.Pz.Div.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leutnant Alfred Plettenbauer, 1.Pz.Div.

I'm looking for info on Leutnant Alfred Plettenbauer.
    I got his Ersatz Soldbuch and some documents but its missing allot of info.
    He received the Ehrenblattspange on 25-3-1945, so there might be info on him around?
    He was in 1./Panzergrenadier-Regiment 113 (1.Pz.Div.) at the time.

I'm interested in anything.. his awards, career, a photo... etc.
    Of course also his actions in 1945 for earning the award.

I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

It has been more then a year, bumping this thread.
    Any source to find more about Ehreblattspange holders?
    Were their actions, to receive the Ehreblatt, recorded?

Does anyone have any records for 1.PD during 1945?
    Oberleutnant Herbert Kohlmann, same Regiment as Plettenbauer, was awarded the Ehreblattspange on the same day!
    They might have done something together?
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Hello Rick !

Lt. Kohlmann is mentioned in the divisional history on p. 721 in connection with the recapture
      of Stuhlweissenburg (Szekesfehervar), which took place between 18. and 21.01.45 :
      For this action Gen.Maj. Thunert was awarded the "Ritterkreuz". In addition, both he and
      Oberlt. Kohlmann were awarded the "ungarische Ritterkreuz" (hungarian KC) by the Kdr. of the
      Hungarian 3rd Army, Gen.Oberst Vitez Heszlenyi Josef.
      https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B...Heszl%C3%A9nyi

It is mentioned, that Oblt. Kohlmann distinguished himself as the leader of the most forward
      assault detachment. I think, it is quite possible, that he was mentioned in the Ehrenblatt in
      connection with this.

It is also mentioned that the I.Btl./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 113, due to its quick advance towards the
      central railwaystation, was able to capture several railway trains (rolling stock ?!) and
      many other mot. vehicles etc. as well.

The only direct mentioning of Lt. Plettenbauer is on the 25./26. January 45, when he was the
      company leader and was defending Baracska (20km NE of Stuhlweissenburg), against countless
      enemy assault detachments and where his unit suffered heavy losses.

Both dates are close to each other. Whether his mentioning in the Ehrenblatt is related to
      any of those two, or something different, I do not know.

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Hello Archi,
        Thanks allot! That is some good information!
        Is it possible to scan the page on which Plettenbauer is mentioned?
        Regards, Rick.

Originally posted by Archi View Post
        Hello Rick !

Lt. Kohlmann is mentioned in the divisional history on p. 721 in connection with the recapture
        of Stuhlweissenburg (Szekesfehervar), which took place between 18. and 21.01.45 :
        For this action Gen.Maj. Thunert was awarded the "Ritterkreuz". In addition, both he and
        Oberlt. Kohlmann were awarded the "ungarische Ritterkreuz" (hungarian KC) by the Kdr. of the
        Hungarian 3rd Army, Gen.Oberst Vitez Heszlenyi Josef.
        https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B...Heszl%C3%A9nyi

It is mentioned, that Oblt. Kohlmann distinguished himself as the leader of the most forward
        assault detachment. I think, it is quite possible, that he was mentioned in the Ehrenblatt in
        connection with this.

It is also mentioned that the I.Btl./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 113, due to its quick advance towards the
        central railwaystation, was able to capture several railway trains (rolling stock ?!) and
        many other mot. vehicles etc. as well.

The only direct mentioning of Lt. Plettenbauer is on the 25./26. January 45, when he was the
        company leader and was defending Baracska (20km NE of Stuhlweissenburg), against countless
        enemy assault detachments and where his unit suffered heavy losses.

Both dates are close to each other. Whether his mentioning in the Ehrenblatt is related to
        any of those two, or something different, I do not know.

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

By the way, i found out via Google that Plettenbauer became some sort of doctor and wrote a book together with another doctor around 1997-1999. The book was about doctors in Austria. I was able to buy the book for a few Euro's and to my joy it had a photo from Plettenbauer in it. Unfortunately the book doesn't say anything about his military career though. See attachment:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rick !

Interesting find !
            See attached for the scan.

Best regards,

Archi
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Comment

He was mentioned in the Ehrenblatt des Deutschen Heeres, as a Kompanie-führer with I./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 113, specifically for actions at or near Stuhlweissenburg on January 12, 1945. His recommendation was sent to the High Command by way of 1. PD. He was a resident (or his wife was) of Linz/Donau.

Kohlmann was also named in the EB on March 25, 1945, but it was for actions on December 31, 1944.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                  He was mentioned in the Ehrenblatt des Deutschen Heeres, as a Kompanie-führer with I./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 113, specifically for actions at or near Stuhlweissenburg on January 12, 1945. His recommendation was sent to the High Command by way of 1. PD. He was a resident (or his wife was) of Linz/Donau.

Kohlmann was also named in the EB on March 25, 1945, but it was for actions on December 31, 1944.
                  Thanks

How did you find this info? Do you got a copy of the Ehreblatt?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiraal View Post
                    Thanks

How did you find this info? Do you got a copy of the Ehreblatt?
                    I’ve sourced a lot of information as part of my ongoing Ehrenblatt des Deutschen Heeres book project. In this case, I have the proposal list that lists the date and location of their actions.

Comment

Hello !

That is excellent and extremely interesting info provided by Brian R !
                      Many thanks for sharing that info.

So, both of my suggestions were wrong.

The actions leading to the mentioning in the Ehrenblatt for Lt. Kohlmann were then for
                      a major attack launched on 31.12.44 against the Soviet 69. Schtz.Div. It resulted in the
                      capture of Ösi (in the middle between Szekesfehervar and Veszprem) and Birkas and also
                      had the effect, that that part of the front remained relatively quiet unitl mid January
                      (Div. history, p. 706).

On the 11.1.45, a gepanzerte KGr. of the 1. Pz.Div. (detached to 4. Kav.Brig.) took Zamoly,
                      10km N of Szekesfehervar/Stuhlweissenburg.
                      However, it is not clear, whether any elements of I./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 113 were involved in this.

Next major action is the recapture of Stuhlweissenburg described further above.
                      It seems, for the actions of Lt. Plettenbauer, the divisional history is just not detailed enough.

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                        I’ve sourced a lot of information as part of my ongoing Ehrenblatt des Deutschen Heeres book project. In this case, I have the proposal list that lists the date and location of their actions.
                        I've send you a PM. Is it possible to send me a copy of the document(s) you have about Plettenbauer?

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding.

It’s just a list with date and location. There is no grounds or Vorschlagsliste (you could luck out though and fight that at BA-MA as some personal files include such details).

I will post or email an image of the info when I’m back home.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X