Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18th ID / 51st IR order of battle

Hi Folks -
    I am excited that this is now on the forum as I have tried to post similar requests on other forums who seem intent on arguing the # count of Hitlers mustache. I am currnetly writing a historical fiction/ non-fiction book about a soldier if the 18th ID / 51st IR. The real individual became missing in action in the last days of the war - (he was the uncle of a co-worker some time back) I have copies of his award documents which have filled in a few gaps on the order of battle - but not much. I am aware that there is a book in German about the 18th IR available from Christian Schmidt's web site but every e-mail I have sent never gets replied to - this book would be of great service- mostly what I need is some information of the movements in the Polish campaign - where they were at in Frnace and locations in Russia - feldgrau.com has been helpfulland general in this information but more detail is needed - like where did they cross the POlish border? First action? etc... Any ideas or help would be great -
    Thanks
    Chip

Any help?
    IF someone could open some of their research books and provide me a GOOD AMMOUNT of information on this Regiment and Division I will send them a marked 1914 EK2 for the trouble of typing it out -
    you could post it here or e-mail me. Send me a private e-mail to get the EK-
    Thanks

Comment

Hello...

I know what you mean this ist the book about the 18.Pzgr.Div...
      A friend from me (He Collect Division History) said is not very good that book....

Do you men Mr Schmidt in Germany??Munich???

It is never so good this shop , his daughter and the other man are not so for the seller...Do you know???

I can you bought this 18.Pzgr Div. book but in a another shop....It cost...??? I can write you how many.....Its from PreussenVerlag,Reutlingen???

Comment

Grenadier-Regiment 51

Entstanden am 15. Oktober 1942 durch die Umbenennung des Infanterie-Regiments 51 und der 18. Infanterie-Division, später der 18. Panzer-Grenadier-Division unterstellt. Das Regiment kämpfte bei Wolchow und Nordrußland, in Mittelrußland bei Orscha und wurde 1944 bei Mogilew vernichtet. Es wurde als Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 51 neu aufgestellt.

When you look for KSTN from 1939 (Inf.Div(mechanized)) I will you recommend :Leo W.G.Niehorster

Comment

Lieber Tommy -
          If you could give me a reputable place to find this book it would be apreciated - the information that you posed is widely available - I need more detail on the acutal actions that the 51st engaged in - where, when, etc... I am hopeing the book may have some information - I am aware that the book is about the 18th Pzgr. which started as the 18th ID. - if you can locate a good copy of the book the cross is yours unless someone can come up with something better.

Comment

Dear Chip, I have the book. The reason I posted so late was simply I thought that I may not have enough time to help you out as you wish.

But what the hell I'll do (only) what I can do anyway... The book is prone to break apart so photocopying is not the way to go, unfortunately. Digital camera could be the right way.

Comment

Hello Eindecker2

here german Antiquariate:

www.weitze.net

www.zvab.com

And here a german site about the 18 ID...

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...onen/18PGD.htm

I have heared the 18 th ID and Pzgr Div is very rare in germany but i can search a KSTN and a Stellenbestzung.....

About the IR.18 (6 Inf.Div) i have a Division History from 6.ID.......Is this a officer????

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...enter/IR18.htm

Please write what you search...18 ID or 18 IR...Names???
              Last edited by Tommy; 09-17-2002, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Guderain became Ia of the 116th and survived the war. His divisional history recently translated into English. I have a signed photo of him but don't know if he's still living and corresponding.

Mark

Comment

Lieber Tommy-
                  I am searching for the specifices of the 18th Infantry Division and particularly the 51st Infantry Regiment. Thanks for the work-

Comment

Hope I can narrow down the specifics of what I need. I have the story down to the point that the main charachter is sitting in front of Poland on Sept 1, 1939. Only problem I have is exactly where ? I dont know if he should be in a wide open field, in front of a border village, town, or city. Then, (I know he eventualy ends up in the battel of Warsaw) where does he go? I hate the thought of revisionist history - by simply making it up. Looks bad in the eyes of the reader- so...

Comment

A litle bit more....Infanterieregiment 51:

- 15.10.35 (Stab erst 6.10.36), FSTO Liegnitz(III.Bunzlau), WK VIII, 15.11.1940 motorisiert unter Abgabe des III.Kradschützen Btl. 38, ersetzt durch I./InfRgt. 54 (FSTO Glogau)

Grenadier-Regiment (mot.) 51:
                      - seit 15.10.1942, Juni 1944 in Mittelrussland vernichtet

Panzergrenadier-Regiment 51 :
                      - Wiederaufstellung 17.11.1944 in Neuhammer, seit 2.12.1944 in Ostpreussen, III. erst im Januar (Aufstellung dieses Bataillons fraglich), März 1945 wurde die Division in Ostpreussen aufgelöst

Gliederung:

I. 1-4
                      II. 5-8
                      III. 9 - 12, 13, 14 und (8.3.41) eine 15. schwere Kompanie

Unterstellung:

18. InfDivision - 1939 Schlesien, Polen, 1940 Niederlande, Belgien, Frankreich

18. InfDivision [mot.] - 1941 Mittel, dann Nordrussland (Wolchow), 1942/43 Nordrussland (Staraja Russa)

18. PanzerGren-Division - 1943 Mittelrussland (Orscha), 1944 Mogilew (bei 4. Armee)

nach Wiederaufstellung - 1944/45 Ostpreussen (III. nicht im Einsatz)

Ersatz:

51 Liegnitz, Görlitz WK VIII

Or ask by www.nexusboard.net and Deutsche Geschichte they would help you.

Oh not you mean i would the EK II no i want help you to find the answer.....

I search more WWII items......
                      Last edited by Tommy; 09-18-2002, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Immediately before the attack, the two batallions of IR51 advanced through <i>Kostellitz</i> to <i>Hill 267</i> and dug in themselves in front of <i>Prosna</i> river. II.Btl. in front of <i>Hill 267</i>, and I.Btl. behind.

The war broke out at 4:45 and the regiment crossed the river.

In the evening I.Btl. arrived <i>Jaworzno</i>. II.Btl. reached the woods before <i>Parznymiechi</i>.

Comment

Thanks a BUNCH Akira and Tommy-
                          Akira - I would be very interested in where you got such specific information - I assume that it is the book - so how do I get that item - weitz adn several of the other 'reliable' sources come up as no hits.... an ilusive item. But I have some information to keep my fingers working for a bit
                          Many Thanks -
                          Chip

Comment

Division polish compaign 1939:

Vormarsch auf Lowicz, Schlacht an der Bzura, Vorstoss auf warschau, Angriffskämpfe auf den äusseren Fortgürtel, Eroberung von Fort I, Raum Bielany, Angriff auf den inneren festungsgürtel und zum Stadtkern, Einmarsch in die Festung am 1.10.1939

Comment

Dear Chip,

I am not sure to how much degree you are serious about making your book look real, but Bundesarchiv does have division KTB during the said period. See

http://www.bundesarchiv.de/bestaende.php?BestID=1105

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X