Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is: 1st Flieger Ergänzung Gruppe (See) "BV-138-B1"

Fellow collectors and researchers:

I am trying to piece together some information about a former crewman of HSK STIER. After getting rescued I believe he was assigned in Nov 1942 to the Luftwaffe's 1st Flieger Ergänzung Gruppe (See). (Specifically: BV-138-B1 as a Flight Observer.)

I essentially know nothing about the Luftwaffe. Can anybody provide me information about the 1st Flieger Ergänzung Gruppe (See) such as where assigned, missions, aircraft...etc. etc...

Then what does the factoid: "BV-138-B1" mean?

Thanks so much in advance for any assistance.

Joe

Here are some details for Flieger Ergänzung Gruppe (See)...
    http://www.ww2.dk/air/seefl/flerg.html

As stated in that link - 1./Fl.Erg.Gr.(See) with Do 18, He 115 and later BV138

I wouldn't be surprised if BV-138-B1 refers to the BV-138 flying boat with the B1 variant entering service in late 1940...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_%26_Voss_BV_138

Comment

Hucks216:

Wow! An answer in less than 30 minutes, with links and information that proved to be very helpful!

I was searching, but didn't really come up with anything useful.

Thank you so much!

Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,

That is interesting. Was he one of the flight crew on Stier? Pilot?
        Best

Hans

Comment

Hans:

(sorry for the delay -- I don't make enough time to always log-on to WAF!)

Yes. I was working on information about the former Flight Officer/Observer aboard Hilfskreuzer STIER.

It is amazing how turning over one small piece of information fits into my database to help fill in gaps of information or starts a big cascade of finding other pieces. My HSK crew database is a huge detective story inside of a big jigsaw puzzle, but after 25 years it has come a long, long, long way. Finding tiny pieces of information like this is so very important!

All the Best!

Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X