SS-Stubaf. Richard Pauly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Stubaf. Richard Pauly

Hello - I'm looking for a photo image of SS-Stubaf. Richard Pauly, who served as the Ia of IV. SS-Pz.Korps and Ia of Wiking from July - Aug 1944. I need it for a unit history I'm drafting for IV. SS-Pz.Korps. If you have a photo, I would like to use it for publication; in return, I'll credit you (or not, depending on your preference) as the contributor. Expect book to appear in print during 2018/19.

SS-Stubaf. Richard Pauly

Here's a photo that someone from the WAF uploaded of Pauly, or at least it's =supposed to be him. Can anyone verify, and if so, provide a higher-res image? I want to get this right.
    Attached Files

Comment

SS-Stubaf. Richard Pauly

Incidentally, Pauly was not killed in action, but survived the war. He was captured by American forces 13 April 1945 and was handed over to the Poles, who mistook him for his brother Max Pauly. Max was wanted for war crimes, having commanded the Danzig KL and Stutthof KL, and I guess one Pauly was as good as another to the Poles. Richard was not released, even though he was not wanted for any war crimes, and died in Polish captivity 06.12.1951 in prison in Danzig from Tuberculosis. His brother Max was executed for war crimes by the Brits in Hameln in 1946.
      Anyway, Richard Pauly was selected as a general staff officer candidate, and as part of his initial orientation, served wtih the IV. SS-Pz.Korps from 15 Jul. to 5 Aug. 44 as acting Corps Ia; then served as acting Ia of Wiking from 5 to 22 Aug. 44. Having met the initial requirement successfully, he was deemed fit to continue on the general staff officer career track and then left IV. SS-Pz.Korps and attended the 15th Lehrgang at the Kriegsakademie from 20 Sep. 44 – 26 Jan. 45. Upon graduation, Richard Pauly later served with 38. SS-Gren.Div. and was serving as a staff officer as of 6 Apr. 1945, and was finally captured a week later.

Comment

SS-Stubaf. Richard Pauly

Here's another photo of Pauly, posted on the WAF by a member whom I'm trying to contact. Chris, wherever you are, please drop me a line!
        Attached Files

Comment

SS-Stubaf. Richard Pauly

Hello - haven't heard back from Chris, but still hoping that he'll get in touch with me about this photo. In the meantime, does ANYONE out there in WAF-land have any images of Richard Pauly? The one shown here in the previous posting is too low-res to use in a publication.

Comment

Did you look at his files in NARA?

Comment

Pauly

Johnny,
              the images on file are barely recognizable and not something that would be suitable for publication. Chris has got the actual photos and I'm still awaiting a reply. Found some more of him online but again they're 96 dpi and not usable, as they'd pixilate too badly.
              thanks anyway though -
              regards,
              Doug
              Attached Files

Comment

Pauly

Here's another photo:
                (He was with Heimwehr Danzig before the war started)
                Attached Files

Comment

Richard Pauly

Hello - Richard Pauly wasn't the brother of Max Pauly, they have only the same surname.

Comment

Great infos and outstanding photos, i can't wait for the next book of Mr.Nash.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X