BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for cleric-linked documents for research!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for cleric-linked documents for research!

Dear collectors,

due to a research project I am currently working on I am looking for documents which provide insight into the situation of christian clerics (especially catholics) who served in the german armed forces 1933-1945 (no matter if Heer, Luftwaffe or Marine). As there were two types of clerics, official Wehrmacht-clerics and civil clerics who served as regular soldiers (medics and, in few cases, as combat soldiers), I am interested in both types.

Therefore I am especially looking for:

- field letters
    - diaries
    - photos
    - award citations (with proof that the bearer actually was a cleric)

It doesn´t matter whether a document was written by a cleric or by others talking about clerics, ANY kind of information is valuable!

I am explicilty NOT looking to buy documents, that´s why I didn´t put this thread on the "Wanted"-section/Estand. I am happy with good copies as I just need the information, not the actual item. If someone wants to sell things, well, we could talk about it, but that is not my main aim...!

Any kind of help appreciated, please PM me! Thanks in advance!

Best,

Matthias

Ps.: If Admins/Mods are not happy with this thread in this section, please move it! Thanks!

If you look through my thread on the IDs forum on wehrpasses from the Norwegian national archives you'll find one to a jesuit monk
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
      If you look through my thread on the IDs forum on wehrpasses from the Norwegian national archives you'll find one to a jesuit monk
      Thanks Simon, very interesting, that is the stuff I am looking for!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X