Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NARA files

Hello,

I do have some books which are referencing to NARA files with the registration "PG xxxxx" where XXXX is a number.

For example those numbers: PG 74928 and PG 74989

Can someone please let me know how I can find the associated files ? I have searched but was not successful.

Thank you very much

Christian

The reference should include the roll number as well. For example T-312 R-1075
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Christian,

I've been there a few different times to do research and the numbers that you find online are usually just a file number that you then have to look up in another book actually on the premise. There isnt as much available as one would like. If you write to them they will write back giving ample information.

Sydney

Comment

For those experienced in using the US Archives...

I live in the area.... Is it possible to simply drop by, or do I need to come "prepared."

Comment

[QUOTE=PaulR;For those experienced in using the US Archives...

I live in the area.... Is it possible to simply drop by, or do I need to come "prepared."[/QUOTE]

Paul,

I would come somewhat prepared. Before you can do anything you have to do a quick researchers course and get your ID. This takes at best 15 minutes. There is also guidelines of what you can and cannot bring online. Any info you can get in advance is less you have to thumb through once there.

Sydney

Comment

Christian-

From the PG prefix, I believe you are looking for Kriegsmarine records, correct? If so, the Publication number is T-1022.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X