EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presentation Wooden Plate. IR589. Could do with some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presentation Wooden Plate. IR589. Could do with some help.

Ive done some time on the net but just cannot get my head around who was presented with this plate, well i do know its an officer called Theiss and appears to have been given by a Maj Meyer but can some kind member let me know what units are mentioned Oh i do belive Theis was on the channel area perhaps costal battery
    Attached Files

Anyone

Comment

Hi Dragnet. I don't exactly understand what you want to know. THis "Souvenir plate" was a Present from Major MEYER, commanding the Ist Bataillon from I.R.589 to its "Adjutant" (Officier-adjoint in french.... how do you say in Englich ?), which was 2nd Lieutenant Theis. The IR.589 belonged to the 321.I.D. This division is not very famous, more an "Ocuupation" Unit (bodenständig) which was located around Boulgne sur Mer (France) to secure and protect the Coast. On 1942, Dec.1st, the Division was transferred to the Eastern Front (Heeresgruppe Mitte - Central Sector) in the Area of Smolensk.

The Plate was probably given to Theis because he was affected to another Unit, probably an "Abschieds-Geschenk".

The Insignia is not the divisional one, is probably (99%) the regimental one.

Note the Swastikas has been erased/removed after the war.

Nice Item IMO. I don't know if it is what you wanted to know...

It reminds me a well-known french Politician (Georges Marchais, Communist Party). After he once finished one interview, the Journalist told him "Fine.... But it wasn't my Question". And Marchais answered "Perhaps. But it was my Answer".
      Lionel.

Comment

Thank you Lionel You've answered everything i wanted to know, many thanks for taking the time to answer my question even thou you were not sure what question it was

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X