LW Oberstleutnant Helmut Bennemann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Oberstleutnant Helmut Bennemann

Looking for photos and additional biographical info for Luftwaffe Oberstleutnant Helmut Bennemann of JG 52 and later commodore of JG 53. I have the essentials from various websites as well as several photos (head shots, summer shirt pic, etc) that appear online. However, I am still looking for more pictures, especially full length images of Bennemann in his service uniform.

Any help would be appreciated!

Maybe I'm wrong, but he was hauptmann, Dr.med.dent. Helmut Bennemann (I/J.G.52) when he got KC 2.10.42. (from Fellgiebel's)

Comment

Taken from Larry & Doug's Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries...

BENNEMANN, Dr.(med.dent.) Helmut. (DOB: 16.03.15 in Wanne-Eickel). (R, DKG). 06.40 appt Adj. I./JG 52 (to 04.42). 27.04.41 Oblt., appt Staka 3./JG 52 (to 05.02.42). 14.06.42 Hptm., appt provisional Kdr. I./JG 52. 27.07.42 Hptm., awarded DKG, I./JG 52. 02.10.42 Hptm., awarded Ritterkreuz, Kdr. I./JG 52. 04.02.43 appt permanent Kdr. I./JG 51 from prior to this date (to 10.05.43).
      10.05.43 Maj., WIA - wounded in the explosion of an incendiary bomb at Kharkov-Voichenko a/f, resulting in his withdrawal from combat duty for some months. 04.06.43 Maj., appt permanent Kdr. I./JG 52 (to 12.11.43). 09.11.43 appt Kommodore JG 53 (to 27.04.45). 25.04.44 Maj., Kommodore JG 53
      WIA – Bf 109 G-6 (Black <3- + -) shot up and damaged by B-24 and crashed SW of Bologna. 01.07.44 promo to Obstlt. 09.04.45 Obstlt., Kommodore JG 53. Credited with over 400 combat missions and 93 air victories. †17.11.07 in Bad Sassendorf.

Comment

Thanks. I'm familiar with the careers site and have that info. He was also involved with Galland's mutiny in 1945 after Operation Bodenplatte.

I'm hoping to find additional photos of him aside from those that are online on various sites.

Comment

Hello,

Here is a small image of Hauptmann Bennemann announcing his award of the RK.

E.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Erickn View Post
            Hello,

Here is a small image of Hauptmann Bennemann announcing his award of the RK.

E.
            Thanks! Interesting info in the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by paulj View Post
              I'm hoping to find additional photos of him aside from those that are online on various sites.
              Paul

A simple Google search will reveal some images of Bennemann however please remember that collectors pay significant cash for private unpublished images of RKT, and for obvious reasons are frequently unwilling to share for free what they have paid good money for.

Regards Richard.
              Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X