Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stab Pi.Pz.Btl 11, Nordland Narva

Hi

The soldiers on this photo belong to Stab Pi.Pz.Btl 11, SS Div Nordland as printed on the back of the photo and it is photographed in Narva, Estonia 05.15.1944.
    The name of the soldier with M43 cap, beneath the red cross is Martin Niculescu and he survived the battles of Narva.

I try to identify more of the soldiers in the photo, to search for their fate.
    Someone might recognize "Der Spiess" far left in the photo, or any of the other soldiers ?
    And I also seeking other information about Pionier Btl 11 in SS Division Nordland or tips on where I can look for information.

Best Regards

Björn
    Attached Files

up.

Comment

Hi

Is there no one on this forum who can provide any information about the SS Div Nordland's Pionier Batallion. Maybe some one has documents, records, Wehrpass or soldbuch. And can share this, everything of interest.
      Here's an other photo from Stab Pi.Pz.Btl 11 in Narva, beneath the red cross is Martin Niculescu and he survived the battles of Narva.

Best Regards

Björn
      Attached Files

Comment

Some years ago was the Pionierkameradenschaft Dresden..I don't know about it today

Comment

Hi Andor

I have got hold of some older material from them, but I do not know if they work longer when I can not find any contact information for them.
          Thanks for the help

Björn

Comment

Most likely they are all gone now...

Comment

A 20 years old man in 1945 is 90 now. Vet days are gone, aside from 90 year olds physical and mental condition for 70 years past data.
              Pionierkameradschaft "Dresden" and other groups the same, all of which I belonged to or helped.

Pi Btl 11 as a unit in GC vol. 3. Individuals with the unit in the volume there were with when got highest awards; Wänhofer with vol. 8 (Wiking) etc.

http://www.bender-publishing.com/Ger...sGoldVol3.html

I have breakdown of the Btl assignments but not images of those most junior officers, NCOs, etc assigned

Comment

Hi

Ludwig unfortunately you are right, many of these old fighters have passed away. But I still hope to get some more information about the soldiers in the photos.

Mark, I have your books Vol 3, 7 and 8 very good reading and reference matrial when these SS Divissioner that are interesting to me.

Possibly so, I have identified two of the other soldiers at the first photo using the DRK missing listings for Nordland´s Pionier unit.

Best Regards

Björn

Comment

I have documents to an Unterscharfuhrer from 2 / SS Pz Pi Abt 11 signed by Ziegler and Voss !!

Comment

Hi Paul

That sounds intressting Paul, is it possible that You can send me some photos of the document , I can contact You and send my email ?

Best Regards

Björn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X