MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grenadier-Regiment 388: Btl-Kdr's Removed 1943?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grenadier-Regiment 388: Btl-Kdr's Removed 1943?

Hello all,
    According to Lexikon, after a battle in September 1943 two Battalion Commanders of Grenadier-Regiment 388 were removed by Ferdinand Schörner for poor leadership/failure.
    Would anyone happen to know the names of those two officers please?

Well, in Sept.43 Hptm. Blazejezak was führer of the I Btl throughout that month for certain. He was replaced in the middle of october with a Hptm.Mägele

I have a Hptm.Vesper for the II Btl and Hptm.Niemann for the III Btl.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Many thanks for the pointer Simon. It is Blazejezak that I am trying to confirm as being one of the relieved officers or if he took over from one of those relieved of command, or if it was II & III Btl's that were involved and the timing of his promotion to Btl-Kdr was just coincidental.
      His Wehrpass has him down as Btl-Fhr from March to July 1943 and then Btl-Kdr from August 1943 to September 1944, with promotion to Major in December 1943 so maybe if he was relieved of command it was glossed over in his WP?

Comment

I was looking through some of the daily reports from subordinate units sent up to XIX Geb.Korps.

As we're talking transcribed messages his name gets misspelled a lot and from day to day through sept.43 he's reffered to as both führer and kommandeur, but without a doubt Mägele had taken over by mid.Oct. but only as temporary Btl. führer. I see he returned to his btl. in Dec. but i lose track from the 4th Dec. as the III btl. replaced the I in the line.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Simon and the amplifying information. I apologise for the delayed reply.
          Just to add a little tid-bit - according to Blazejezak's Wehrpass (and his Militärische Laufbahn sheet of paper) it lists him as stellv.Regiment-Führer for the period 7th-21st March and 15th May-2nd June 1943 before he went into Führer Reserve/Gren.Brigade 388.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X