StuG Abt 246 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StuG Abt 246 ???

Trying to determine whether this unit existed. Not listed that I can find in
    Sturmgeschüte Vor or Feldgrau BUT some websites on StuG unit insignia
    show a unit insignia. See attachment. I couldn't find the insignia shown for
    StuG Abt 246 on any other known unit. Any help appreciated!!
    If it did exist does anybody know any history??
    Attached Files

I have the feeling the photo collectors of stung vehicles may have the best evidence, but strangely in the last year or two I purchased a pin from a woman who had what I thought may have been a ww1 flight pin of an eagle hanging on to an artillery shell, (Some out there may recall it) that just may be a pin made to wear by Stug outfit 246 and I may have been wrong about it being ww1 related to flying......it is very close to the stug outfit you are asking about....check my threads and see if you can find it, as it has a German style pin hinge and hook ...but is small like it could be worn on a hat or some other place....Oh one more thing...it's 800 silver and was made by a German silver company, so thanks for posting the photos .

Just went looking for the photos in threads, I think I added to another's thread...I will see if I can dig the badge photos I referred to asap. May be the answer I was seeking except the pin I have has a circle around the same style emblem, that is the only big difference I recall ...what the circle is all about , I have no idea.
    Last edited by juoneen; 09-28-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

According to my archive a unit 246 had not existed.

The shown unit insignia belongs to 245.

regards Wolfgang

Comment

Not sure this is the same, but here it finally is , located it looking for something else, you tell me?

Comment

I think that is a mistake on the web page. I agree it probably should be for StuG Abt 245 and the hawk with the shell is documented to have been used by StuG Abt 245. Tessin lists 245 but does not list a StuG Abt 246 either.

Take a look here-

https://reibert.info/useralbums/stug-abt-245.2093/view

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X