CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Army Panzer Elements Wore ""22" on their Shoulderboards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Army Panzer Elements Wore ""22" on their Shoulderboards?

Hello,

My question is: what panzer unit would have worn "22" on their shoulderboards in 1938?

I have worked myself to a point of confusion on the embroidered "22" cyphers on a 1938 dated panzer tunic.

There wasn't a 22 panzer regiment until 1944, and battalions wore numbered boards but don't know if it applies in this case. If anyone could help out on this order of battle question, I'd appreciate it.

s/f Robert

Does the unit have to be from 1938? If the tunic is dated 1938, is there any reason why the tunic wasn't used after that?

and by panzer tunic, i take it you mean black wrap with pink piping rather than the regular field grey tunic with pink piping?

if it's a field grey tunic you have panzerjäger abt.22, but is there really any reason why it couldn't be panzer abteilung 22?
    Last edited by Simon O.; 10-19-2014, 04:03 AM.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Simon,

It's a waffenrock with picked (removed) embroidered cyphers on in-seam shoulderboards, so it would have been a pre-war formation.

Thanks for the help.

s/f Robert

Comment

Rather than Panzer what about Panzerabwehr-Abteilung 22 that was formed in Bremen in 1935?

Here is one I have for Panzerabwehr-Abteilung 20...
        Attached Files

Comment

that would be my guess too.

Pz.Jg.abt.22 also had 2 companies of marders later on in the war
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Good suggestion, but this tunic did not have the Panzer-Jaeger "P" - just 22. Hucks, that's a great looking tunic you have there.

s/f Robert

Comment

I can't imagine the number 22 in Rosa would have been used for any unit in 1938. It would be highly unusual to see a number without a "P" to designate a Panzerabwehr unit before the war and as you mention, Pz. Abt./Rgt. 22 was a late war unit.

Comment

Tough to figure out. Must be a bleached out red from the 22 Artillery Regiment. They were around prior to 1938.

Thanks for looking and responding.

s/f Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X