Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Brigade 111 officer identification

Hi all,
    Need your help to identify this officer.
    Pics taken near Juvelize in Lorraine France, on september 44 after the Panzer Brigade 111 take the village.

Note his italian wearing, and us binocular and winter trousers..

Regards,
    Mike.

Maybe try Stug. DKiG winners ? Tom

Comment

This will be a tough one as the guy clearly got his DKiG prior to the formation of the brigade. I get the feeling he's a former senior NCO, somewhat older, clearly a veteran but only a leutnant.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you two for your answers.
        As you say Simon this Leutnant is clearly a veteran, and certainly a cadre to forthe new Brigade...Perhaps an older one from Panzer Regiment 16?

Comment

Hi Febus. I collect the 3 Brigades for Years, as they fought not far from Home. Their engagement didn't brought the results that Berlin hoped, that's probabably the Reason few high Awards where attributed to them. They did not exist a very long time, and as you probably know, they were quickly integrated to bigger Units, for an example, Remnants of Brigade 111 to the 11.Pz.Div.
          I own the group from captain Peter Becker who received an Anerkennungs-Urkunde (similar to Ehrenblatt) for the fights in BURES (he beloged the I./Pz.Gren.Rgt.2111) and the german Cross in Gold Group from Captain Fritz Heilmann (II./Pz.Gren.Rgt.2112 - 112.Brig).
          By chance, a War reporter went to Lorraine with the Brigade 111, and numerous fantastic Pics were made.... the best have been published in "Les Panzers en Lorraine", éditions Heimdal, you probably know it too.
          It is the first time I see your Pic, is it oming from the same source ??
          Last notice : My Eyes are getting older and somebit tired, but it seems to me that the Iron Cross your Guy is wearing could be a rare "cloth Version".... Am I wrong ?? Lionel.

Comment

Hi Lionel,
            Thanks for your answer...
            and yes your eyes are still goods, the Iron crosss is a weave version...

This pics are from a ECPAD report, from kriegsberichter Scheck.
            It appears in two differents reports. This reports are taken in an around Juvelize...

Regards,
            Mike.

I send you a pm.

Comment

Always seraching, but nothing more.

Regards
              Mike.

Comment

Hi,

Others pics of this man...

Regards,
                Mike.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X