Information Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information Request

Hello, I am looking for some advice on obtaining some information on my grandfather. His name was Wolfgang Nussbaum (Nußbaum), he grew up in the vicinity of Nuremburg, Germany. He was on leave in mid to late 1943 in Saales, France and subsequently was called back to the Russian front and was listed as MIA in early 1944. My grandmother who has since passed away made inquiries up until the 1950's but was not able to obtain any further information. I do believe he was in the Wehrmacht but am not 100% sure.

I have submitted inquiries to the 2 sites I have linked below but would appreciate any further suggestions.

http://www.volksbund.de/en/volksbund.html
    http://www.dd-wast.de/frame_e.htm

Lots of folks here are in the same boat ....few ever find their relatives graves or that information...The present government in Germany doesn't cooperate in most instances about such inquiries. They just don't care one bit, and would only like to forget those soldiers who were killed during the russian campaign... and fought for the third reich there. The russians destroyed all the gaveyards , and the grave markers out of their understandible hatred for how they were slaughtered wholesale like animals...

......but If you know what he looks like, you may one day spot him on the internet in an original troop photo on that front , or possibly a photo of his grave marker if killed in action(but likely not ,if he was not captured)......I personally know a handful of americans whose family lived here but also had relatives that fought there seeking the very same information....and have never had their questions answered...

If you hit a brick wall after your inquiry ,you may consider asking a reputible psychic who can communicate with spirits....and although many here may laugh and chorgle about the comment..these people really do exist, and many times can help connect to get you the answer when all the roads lead nowhere. (just a thought to consider if that senario happens)(IE: Lisa Williams UK, jon Eduards usa, and the long island psychic, but she may not speak german....although germany must also have reputible psople who can speak to the spirits of the deceased, anybody know any German psychics who are known for this talent, just in case?)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X