Ribbon Bar ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon Bar ID

Is it possible to identify the original wearer of this ribbon bar from the medals?
    Attached Files

Nice ribbon bar! I'd say yes it is, judging by what is on there...

Best Regards

Alan

Comment

Who does this work?

Comment

The two Bavarian Military Merit ribbons seems to indicate that he was commissioned during the war. If you received the Military Merit Cross as an NCO and then were commissioned and received the Military Merit Order as a Leutnant, you could wear both ribbons. So this is probably a Military Merit Order 4th Class, typically awarded to Leutnants and Oberleuntnants, and a Military Merit Cross 2nd Class with Crown and Swords, typically awarded to Offizier-Stellvertreter, Oberfeuerwerker, and the like.

That means the second ribbon could be for either the Gold or Silver Bravery Medal rather than the Military Order of Max Joseph, which means there might be too many names to search. No one from the Max Joseph list I published several years ago seems to match the other awards, but I have not updated that list since the Bavarian Kriegsranglisten became available on Ancestry.com.

With the Wehrmacht 25, you might find him in a Reichswehr rank list, though like many Bavarians he might have gone over to the police and back to the Army in 1935.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X