11./Lw. Jg. Rgt.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11./Lw. Jg. Rgt.26

I'm confused about this one... JG26 is a Luft fighter squadron. But what is it with the Rgt (Regiment) in the name? Help... Please.

The Oberleutnant also has Kr. O. in his title. Which I am also unfamiliar with.

In a listing of officers I see this;

SPOHN, Kurt. (DOB: 05.01.10). (W.B.K. Hannover I). 01.08.43 promo to Hptm. (Kr.O./Fl).

And, Fl, is Flieger.

I have also found,

Kr.O.
    - Kriegsoffizier - [non-officer given temporary officer rank early in the war].

OK, so he was a non officer promoted in the field.

Last edited by Brian S; 08-25-2013, 08:31 PM.

Luftwaffe-Jäger-Regiment 26 had nothing to do with aircraft at all. It was a Luftwaffe infantry unit that belonged to Luftwaffen Feld Division 12...
    http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...t/LwJRgt26.htm

And think of Flieger as being a basic rank for all Luftwaffe personnel, eqiuvalent to a Private and was used regardless of whether the soldier was a flyer, a member of flak or other Luftwaffe troops.

Comment

But, this guy was a Flieger, pilot.

And, being Luftwaffe, I would assume that Luftwaffe troops were "mobile" and being "mobile" being Luftwaffe I would again assume by "air". And this guy is a pilot. So perhaps a troop transport pilot.

Comment

How do you know this soldier was flying personnel?

Do you have amy additional information that confirms his being part of the flying personnel?

As noted Lw Jäger Rgt 26 was an infantry unit made up of Luftwaffe personnel.

Jeremy

Comment

SPOHN, Kurt. (DOB: 05.01.10). (W.B.K. Hannover I). 01.08.43 promo to Hptm. (Kr.O./Fl).

Noted above, the FL designation is Flieger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X