Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with number and initials on Vacheron pocket watch

Hi,
    I am new to this forum so please pardon me if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I have a Vacheron pocket watch which is very high quality and carries quite a bit of value by itself but the case back bears Nazi markings and initials.

Under the eagle are the numbers M8154. Below this is "I. Kl."

It would seen that maybe it would be a unit number and a person's initials. Would it be common to use Kl. as an initial?

Any help in identifying the markings in any way would be appreciated. I would love to figure out who owned it because the quality and cost of this watch lead me to believe it would have been owned by a wealthy or high ranking individual.

It is a chronometer so Navy or pilot would be my best guess. I apologise if this information is readily available. I have been looking and looking with no luck. Thanks again for your time.

I do have a picture but cant seem to work out how to attach it. Ask any questions you like.

Well the M tells us straight away it was naval. Ie. M = marine
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by northseller View Post
      Hi,
      I lead me to believe it would have been owned by a wealthy or high ranking individual.
      No. It was a working tool.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X