Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fritz Yung

Gentlemen,

This is a little known Luftwaffe ace named Fritz Yung. He so far scored 11 victories over Germany while serving JG-301. Seven of them were four-engined bombers. His 11th victory was on April 13,1944. He wasn't listed on the KIA list. So I think he may scored many more before the end of WWII. So far his awards were the Iron Cross Second and First Classes. He may have some more decorations coming to him as well. This is a long shot but does anyone know more about this only German ace whose surname begins with a Y? My source comes from Kracker Archives.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

P.S., He rank so far was Fhj.Ofw.(Officer Candidate).

Hi Edward,

that's what on Fritz Yung here: http://www.ww2.dk/Lw%20Offz%20-%20S-Z%20-%202013.pdf

Fritz Yung, 16.9.1920 Torgau
    22.10.1943 Feldwebel I./JG 301
    30.11.1944 Leutnant Staffeloffizier 4./JG 301

Credited with 2 victories.
    Apparently, he scored his 2 victories in the night between 22-23 October 1943 against some four-engine aircrafts near Kassel.
    (from "Luftwaffe Night Fighter Combat Claims 1939-1945")

Not reported in Volksbund.

Comment

Hi,

Perhaps this is relevant: http://community.aerokurier.de/de/fl...yung.36181.htm

A Fritz Yung is still listed in the online German telephone book.

Cheers,
      Andrew A.
      Air War Publications - www.facebook.com/airwarpublications

Comment

Yung Fritz FhjOfw. 11 JG 301 WIA on 24.Apr.44. O.K.L. Fighter Claims; LW NF Claims 39-45; Reschke, JG 301/302, p.59, 248

Cheers

Jan

Comment

Hej

Sorry, too fast, this info is from lesbutler.co.uk under LW aces (excel version)

Jan

Comment

Story Incomplete

Gentlemen,

Thank you fellows. Every little counts. I think Fritz Yung had stayed with JG-301 for the rest of the World War II. He had plenty of months to shoot down RAF and USAAF warplanes. I think his service record was incomplete so I don't know about Yung's final story.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Hi Edward,

He did not fly operations again after being wounded on 24 April 1944, so his final tally was ten. He died on 24 December 2015. See: http://fcb.work.de/index.php?article_id=935

Cheers,
              Andrew A.
              Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com
              Last edited by Andrew Arthy; 05-11-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X