Researching a named police helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Researching a named police helmet

I was recently fortunate to acquire an M40 police helmet that is named twice to "Wachtmeister Roman Strell", especially considering that I have both his first and last name which is somewhat unusual. I would like to research him if at all possible. Any ideas or direction would be really appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Hi,

Roman Strell was 'just' a Wachtmeister in the police, probably not very highly decorated, so I think information on him would be very though to find in books or archives, if any is available.

I'd suggest using the telephone book to look for living family members. I've been lucky a few times using this method.
    I found 43 hits for the name 'Strell' in Germany, and 15 hits for 'Strell' in Austria. This is a very small group of people, that can definately be your luck.

Then write a letter, look for some adresses spread troughout Germany (to cover the biggest area possible) and send 10 letters or something like that to people with the same last name.
    Then...wait. Maybe you're lucky, maybe you're not. I tried this method a few times and always with result!

Good luck.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X