Heinrich AUPOR - POW 261301

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinrich AUPOR - POW 261301

I have been researching POWs in my region for some time. It is believed this man (Heinrich Aupor) was a POW on the North shores of Lake Erie, Ontario. My guess is his 'camp' (2 buildings + a pier & highdive platform) for officers, including 3-4 Generals was either in Port Colborne, Chatham-Kent, or Fingal areas...

He is visiting my area at the moment and would like to try and figure out where he was held for the 1.5 years he was in Canada.

I suppose I am asking for ANY and all information some people might have on this man as it may help to figure out where he ended up. Aupor is a very unique name for a German so it may be helpful.

Things I do know: He was captured in Normandy (pre-Nov.1944), transfered to Britain (Dover) and was also in Leeds for a while... came to New York on Queen Mary and then took a train to Camp 40 (Farnham, Que.), he then thinks he was held on the N. side of Lake Erie. Another man in his camp was DROBEL from Mödling, Austria.

Thanks all for your help! I will be visiting with the family sometime this week hopefully; so I am reaching out for help bc I am restricted on time before he goes back to Germany!

My best regards,
    Josh

German records ?

Can't find anyone by that name in any of the German records I have checked so far ??? Tom

Comment

Tom,

Thanks a million for looking into that for me.

I just got an email tonight confirming he was in:

REGIMENT 134 Hoch- und Deutschmeister NR 4,
      FAHRRAD-KOMPANIE (bicycle campany).

This dosent really help me in my quest though as he was split from his regiment after arriving in Britain before going to NY.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X