Reichsbahn KIA research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsbahn KIA research

I am doing a bit of research on two members of the Reichsbahn who were killed in France in 1944. Does anybody know if a database of Reichsbahn workers killed during the war exists?
    Does some kind of archives for the Reichsbahn/Bundesbahn exist? If I get in contact with the archives of the Deutsche Bundesbahn, can I realisticaly expect them to have any information on the two men I am looking for (age, location of residence...).

Thank you for any leads.

Jean-Loup

Normally the Reichsbahn members KIA are also listed in datebase of the Volkabund.
    Can you give us the names ?

Gerdan

Comment

They are in the VDK database, but without date of birth or location of birth. It is not missing from the VDK site, it is marked as "nicht verzeichnet".

JL

Comment

JL

sometimes the Volksbund will give you more information if you write them and ask for the two individuals. Their entry in the database is based on certain information they received from the WASt
        or other sources which should know more details.

Gerdan

Comment

From experience researching other local cases, and asking the Volksbund, I know that if they write "Nicht verzeichnet", that usualy means that they have no info themselves, and when there is no date of birth indicated, that often means the case is considered "ungeklärt".

Do you think the Wast would have information on Reichsbahn members?

Comment

In general the WASt should be able to help because also Reichsbahn members during ww2 were registrated like soldiers.

But if they will give you the information as you are not a relative of the persons KIA, could be difficult.

Gerdan

Comment

!that is interesting, and it is worth a try. They should at least be able to give out the dates of birth as this info should be public already on the VDK website.

Comment

I know it does'nt really help your reasearch but I used to collect death cards and this is one I kept,never seen another to a train driver.
                Attached Files

Comment

This man died exactly one month before the two I am researching.

Comment

Hi gents,

Very interesting thread!
                    I never knew that Reichsbahn staff were classed as armed forces personel.
                    I have a death card to a Reichsbahn employee killed in an air raid in 1944, which gives details of birth and death dates.
                    At least a little research can be done by me now to discover where he was buried.
                    Learn something new every day here!

Best wishes,

John

Comment

Martyn1

But there is no hint that your guy was KIA. They say "gestorben" - not "gefallen". So he could have been died in a "normal" way. There is no hint that he was on a military mission when he died and he is not listed in the Volksbund list.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X