AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Panzer Regiment 1 LSSAH - Kompanieführer of 3rd Kompanie in January 1944?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Panzer Regiment 1 LSSAH - Kompanieführer of 3rd Kompanie in January 1944?

Hello. I can't find anything about the SS Hauptsturmführer who was Kompanieführer of 3rd Kompanie "SS PanzerRregiment 1 LSSAH" in January 1944.

Can someone help?

Regards

According to "Ralf Tiemann / Die Leibstandarte" (Munin Verlag Osnabrück) it was: Obersturmführer Kleist, from July 1944 on Hauptsturmführer Sachse.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Kleist
      k.i.a. 6.12.43

Comment

Thank you very much, gentlemen.

Regards

Comment

If you want to know about the 3rd kompamie LAH , then PM ss3 on this forum .He wrote the history of the 3rd Kompanie and I also had the pleasure of meeting the last CO of the 3rd Kompanie when I was on one of my many visits to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnellmeyer View Post
            If you want to know about the 3rd kompamie LAH , then PM ss3 on this forum .He wrote the history of the 3rd Kompanie and I also had the pleasure of meeting the last CO of the 3rd Kompanie when I was on one of my many visits to Germany.
            Thanks, Schnellmeyer. I have to apologize but I haven't seen your posting earlier. I'll contact ss3 directly after writing this message.

Regards

Comment

Hi Schnellmeyer.

Short update: Today I received a message from ss3 but unfortunately he's specialized in "3. Kompanie, SS Pz.Gren.Rgt 1". I need info about "3. Kompanie, SS Pz. Rgt 1.
              But he'll ask a vet for more information.

Below a scan of the signature (January 1944).

Regards
              Attached Files

Comment

Nobody an idea?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                  Nobody an idea?

Regards
                  In Juli 1944 3./SSPz1 was commanded by Hauptsturmführer Heinz Sachse. I assume he is the one you are looking for.

After the normandy fighting there were not enough panzer and men to get the Panzerregiment to full strenght - so the 3./- 4./- and 5./co were left in Germany and were no part of Kampfgruppe Peiper.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                    In Juli 1944 3./SSPz1 was commanded by Hauptsturmführer Heinz Sachse. I assume he is the one you are looking for.

After the normandy fighting there were not enough panzer and men to get the Panzerregiment to full strenght - so the 3./- 4./- and 5./co were left in Germany and were no part of Kampfgruppe Peiper.
                    Thanks, Luckystrike. But "Sachse" doesn't match the signature shown below. And the signature shown is from January 1944.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X