Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max-Eckart Wolff

Gentlemen,

Are there any information about Wolff's naval career besides his commanding the destroyer Z-2 Georg Thiele. I don't trust Wikipedia either in English and German because I think his alledged full name "Eduard Hans Martin Max-Eckart Wolff" is doubtful. I mean after all I knew him as "Max-Eckart Wolff" in books for years. I don't know if he seen anymore naval actions after Narvik. It didn't say anything in Wikipedia.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Born: 19/12/1902 in Wernigerode

Kapt.z.See 01/04/1943
    Komdt 'Georg Thiele' 10/38-04/40
    Abt Kdr im Landeinsatz in Narvik 04/40-05/40
    Kdr T.E.K 07/40-02/43
    Chef 5.Zerstörer-Flottille 02/43-02/44
    F.d.Z.i.V 11/43-02/44
    Abt. Chef OKM/MPA I 02/44 - Ende
    Entlassen 30/08/45

RK - 04/08/40

Source: Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine 1939-45 by Lohmann & Hildebrand - lists his name as Max-Eckart Wolff

Comment

His full name is correct
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the information you gave me so far. Well most sources including Clemen Range's book about Knight's Cross winners in the Kriegsmarine has just have the name Max-Eckart Wolff. This isn't arquing.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Name Variations?

Gentlemen,

I guess the well known name of Max-Eckart Wolff has an alias (Also Known As) named "Eduard Hans Martin Max-Eckart Wolff". I still confused though and I'm not the only one that had problems with names. Much like the disciple Mark who has an alias named John Mark.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

It's not an alias, it's his full name and like most people they don't use all their christian names

The source for the full name is Die Ritterkreuzträger der Überwasserstreitkräfte der Kriegsmarine—Band 2:L–Z , a series which tends to give the full names of recipients
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X