Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commander of Grenadier (Felduasbildungs) Rgt 716

Hello,

Can anyone tell me who the commander of the Gren (Feldausbildung) Rgt 716 was?

This regiment was under the command of the 357. ID from April 1945 until the end of the war. From the memiors of the man who took over command of the regiment, Haputmann Otto Hafner, he says that the previous commander was an older Oberst who was command of the Wehrbezirkkommando (I do not know which one).

From Hafner's memiors: (sorry just in German)

"Die Mannaschaften beständen aus alten Soldaten, U-Bootsmänner ohen Schiffe, Flieger ohne Flugzeuge, usw. Das Regiment sei auf einem tschechischen Truppenübungsplatz 6 Monate zusammengeschweißt worden und infanterischtisch gut ausgebildet. Die Führung aber sei der Lage nicht gewachsen. Der Obert hatte jahrlage in der Heimat ein Wehrbezirkkommande geleitet, auch sei er nicht mehr der jüngste.

Anyone have any idea who this could be??

Thank you!

Erich

This story interesting to me too. The Grenadier Feldausbildung Rgt 716 was the part of the 153. Feldausbildung division,(if I think good)and this division fought in my country in LVII Panzer korps in january 1945.

Till now I can't found the commander's name but, I seaching.

Comment

igen persze!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X