Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coat of arms research

Hi,

I want to try and locate the original owner of my diplomatic sword if at all possible. The only clue I have as to his identity is his coat of arms which has been engraved in to the scabbard fitting as shown...my very basic research point to him being a baron (crown with 7 points) which I guess was not that rare a status in the diplomatic corps....

Thanks
    Jonathan
    Attached Files

The 7 pointed coronet is a 'Freiherrnkrone' which, as you correctly noted, is equivalent to 'Baron'. The only other information I can give you is in regard to the colours. The small dots on the field (shield background) denote Gold/Yellow and the vertical lines engraved on the 'Bend Sinister' or ' Schräglinksbalken' (the diagonal) denote the colour Blue. The Mullets (Stars) could be any colour, apart from Silver/white, but most likely Blue or Red.

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
      The 7 pointed coronet is a 'Freiherrnkrone' which, as you correctly noted, is equivalent to 'Baron'. The only other information I can give you is in regard to the colours. The small dots on the field (shield background) denote Gold/Yellow and the vertical lines engraved on the 'Bend Sinister' or ' Schräglinksbalken' (the diagonal) denote the colour Blue. The Mullets (Stars) could be any colour, apart from Silver/white, but most likely Blue or Red.
      Sorry, typo...that should read "the horizontal lines engraved on the 'Bend Sinister' or ' Schräglinksbalken' (the diagonal) denote the colour Blue."

Comment

Thanks very much for your input which appreciated.

Is anyone aware whether lists exist of personnel who served in the diplomatic corps ?

Comment

Hi Johnothan
          Try.www.ngw.nl.
          Go to Germany and see what you can find their,
          Regards Jack

Comment

Jacks suggestion leads to coats of arms of countries, cities etc
            I suggest you go through these family coat of arms files, a lot of searching, several hundreds of German coats of arms:

http://www.wappenbuch.de/index.htm

Succes
            Kapitein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X