Fallschirmjäger-Bataillon Reiter - 6.FJD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjäger-Bataillon Reiter - 6.FJD

I am trying to find some info on a Bataillon Reiter, part of the 6. Fallschirmjäger-Division in 1944. What kind of unit was this, which men was it composed of and what battles did it participate in? I am particularly interested in its activities from September to December 1944. The only things I have been able to find, was that is was by led by a Hauptmann Reiter, who was at some point KIA, and that it was subordinated to the 6. Fallschirmjäger-Division, and that it participated in a counterattack in Gadancourt, northwest of Paris, supported by Tiger tanks on the 28th of August 1944.

http://www.vexinhistoirevivante.com/unites.html
    http://books.google.be/books?id=A_Ze...%A4ger&f=false

Thanks!

A kind member already informed me on the identity of Hauptmann Franz Reiter, KIA on 30th of August 1944 and burried in Lommel (Belgium). Interestingly, the soldier I am researching only joined the Bataillon on the 19th of September 1944, so after the death of the commander it was named to. Any further info is most welcome!

Comment

Maybe not interesting cause you already know, but you can find this on the Volksbund website.
      Tried to copy the link but that is not working. Sorry

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
        A kind member already informed me on the identity of Hauptmann Franz Reiter, KIA on 30th of August 1944 and burried in Lommel (Belgium). Interestingly, the soldier I am researching only joined the Bataillon on the 19th of September 1944, so after the death of the commander it was named to. Any further info is most welcome!
        Will sent you a new PM with more information.

Comment

Originally posted by MG-Freak View Post
          Maybe not interesting cause you already know, but you can find this on the Volksbund website.
          Tried to copy the link but that is not working. Sorry

Erwin
          That I do know - but at first I couldn't find him because I didn't have his first name.
          Thanks Erwin and Dennis.
          Last edited by Tim DC; 01-25-2013, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X