• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Von dem Bach-Zelewski

Receiving the knight´s cross.
    Note the APB!
    Attached Files

Von dem Bach-Zelewski

Nice...that is the 1st time I've seen this picture. This RK award is for the Warsaw Rebellion 1944.

On a seperate note...I have his preliminary award document for the German Cross in Gold. I was very interested in him since I used to work with his son when I worked for the US Army in Germany from 1980-90. I also completed a college research paper on von dem Bach-Zelewski.

Comment

Very nice photo, thanks for sharing.

The RK was awarded on 30.09.1944 for crushing the Warsaw Uprising. Recommendation submitted 12.09.1944 by Generalleutnant Nikolaus von Vormann and seconded by Generaloberst Georg-Hans Reinhardt. (Source: Miller).

Kind regards
      Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweisse View Post
        Nice...that is the 1st time I've seen this picture. This RK award is for the Warsaw Rebellion 1944.

On a seperate note...I have his preliminary award document for the German Cross in Gold. I was very interested in him since I used to work with his son when I worked for the US Army in Germany from 1980-90. I also completed a college research paper on von dem Bach-Zelewski.
        An extensive and more detailed than previously bio of him will be available soon in Bender's vol. 6. Would have been nice to add his award document though had numerous new photo images.

Comment

I've got a number of his pre-war award documents and a large album of his period press clippings, telegrams, and miscellaneous paperwork that he or his family put together in the 30s. If I knew you were working on his bio, Mark, I'd have been happy to provide images.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Erich v.d.Bach-Zelewski

Here is s copy of his German Cross in Gold Preliminary Award
            Attached Files

Comment

What was is son like? Did he know much about dad´s "business" during the war?

Comment

Here is s copy of his German Cross in Gold Preliminary Award
                One of the stolen documents that Hüsken handled?

Comment

v.d.Bach-Zelewski

What???????????????? I don't what you;re talking about. Are you saying this was "STOLEN" or are you guessing? I bought this in early 1990's from a collector who used to list items in the small "Der Gauleiter". I hope NOT...I bought it because of my interest in the person and me knowing his son. I paid a good price too.

As far as the son knowing.....he knew. When v.d.Bach-Zelewski died...his son was serving in Vietnam in the US Army.

Comment

As far as the son knowing.....he knew. When v.d.Bach-Zelewski died...his son was serving in Vietnam in the US Army.
                    Interesting!
                    Was he a US citizen then?
                    Zelewski was an interesting character.

Nice picture, by the way.
                    Attached Files

Comment

v.d. Bach-Zelewski

Yes...he was a US citizen...and he retired from the US Army. He told me that when he tried to enlisted in the Bundeswehr...they didn't want him because of his father.

In fact, I met and worked with a few others who did the same thing...enlist in the US military because the German military didn't want them due to their father's past actions.

Going back to the statement from Ludwig...I do recall documents being taken from German Archives etc...and when I purchased this...I asked the question...and he stated that it wasn't. The seller was from NJ and at the time...I lived in Massachusetts.

Comment

What???????????????? I don't what you;re talking about. Are you saying this was "STOLEN" or are you guessing? I bought this in early 1990's from a collector who used to list items in the small "Der Gauleiter". I hope NOT...I bought it because of my interest in the person and me knowing his son. I paid a good price too.

There are stamps from an archive. I don´t think that you have stolen them!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X