Research on Oberleutnant Karl Rinklef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research on Oberleutnant Karl Rinklef

I am conducting research on a German Cross winner, Oberleutnant Karl Rinklef, and I am looking on more information on his career. He was a decorated soldier who won many awards, among them both grades of the Iron Cross, two tank destruction strips, close combat clasp wound badge in silver. I written the Bundesarchive, but I thought I would take a shot here as well on the chance that someone would be able to help. If you have any information on Oberleutnant Rinklef please let me know. The below is from a (period) newspaper article that came with the group.

“Oberleutnant [First Lieutenant] Karl Rinklef, of Heidelberg, Kleinschmidtsraße 13, was awarded the German Cross in Gold.

Rinklef comes from an Heidelberg family. He was born on April 6, 1914, the son of the Federal Bank employee Karl Rinklef, Kleinschmidtsraße 13. After elementary school (4 grades), he attended the Realshule [secondary school with emphasis on modern languages]. Then he volunteered for military service and joined the Reiterregiment 17 [Calvary Regiment 17] in Bamberg. Rinklef took part in the liberation of the Okmark and the Sudetenland. He participated in the current war from the beginning. Already during the Poland campaign, he was awarded the Iron Cross First and Second Class. During the fighting against the Soviets he was severely wounded. At present he is hospitalized in a reserve military hospital in Plauen. His brother is also fighting in the East, his father is doing duty in France.”

Thank you in advance for any help,

Seba
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Hi Seba
    I just can help you with this:
    Olt. Karl RINKLEF, Kradsch.Btl.17
    DK: 11 marz 1943
    friendly
    jacques

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X