Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberleutnant Dietrich "Dieter" Jahn - Schw. Panzer Abteilung 507

Hello,

I am looking for ANY information on Oberleutnant Wolf-Dieter Jahn. To my knowledge, his father was General der Artillerie Kurt Jahn.

Info Ive found:

- Dieter was a Ordnance Officer and a Tank Commander in a Tiger I for
    HQ Kompanie, Schwere Panzer Abteilung 507

I know he once held the rank of "Fahnenjunker-Feldwebel" in Panzer Regiment 5, as I have a portrait photo of him dated 1943.

It could make sense that he would be transferred to a different unit that year, as Panzer Regiment 5 was pretty torn up by mid 43'.

ANY info, photos, ...anything would much appreciated!!

I found the article mentioning the killing of General Rose by the 507th, in which Dieter did not play a part in...but was interveiwed since it was his unit.

(I'd be happy to share the photo I have of him again, if anyone is interested)

Thank You for any help

He also served in 2./s.Pz.Abt 507 as a platoon leader and Kompanie-Führer (see attacmnet below).
    He is mentioned alot in The Combat History Of schwere Panzer Abteilung 507 which features entries from his diary, first hand accounts and samples from his maps...
    Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Combat-History...ory+of+schwere
    Abebooks - http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...21991755&sts=t

Here is his signature in a s.Pz.Abt 507 related soldbuch...

Last edited by hucks216; 08-02-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

awesome Hucks, I did not know he was Kompanie-Führer....but figured he held a notable position judging from rank/etc. I appreciate the example you have shown of his signature, title, and date! Excellent

Oh and thanks for the book info, I have been contemplating on whether to buy this or not....so good to know that it utilizes Dieter specifically.

Much appreciated,
      Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X