Werner Wendt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Werner Wendt

Does anyone know, if Werner Wendt still lives?
    Thank you!

Werner Wendt - s. SS Pz.Abt.501? He passed away in 2005.

Comment

So it is sad information for me. Several members of our club met him in La Gleize about 1 year before his death.
      http://www.kvhwest.com/werner

Comment

I know, I was there having an interview with Wendt and afterwards we stumbled on the group in front of the Tiger II. It was November 2003 and you can see me in one of the images. The next time I met Wendt was in June 2004. He was very disappointed in all those who wrote him and wanting something from him but never ever send any appreciation or even a simple 'Thank you', so he decided to call it a day....

Comment

+ 26.2.2005

http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewto...17c9fdf02e502a

Comment

Originally posted by Jochen S. View Post
            I know, I was there having an interview with Wendt and afterwards we stumbled on the group in front of the Tiger II. It was November 2003 and you can see me in one of the images. The next time I met Wendt was in June 2004. He was very disappointed in all those who wrote him and wanting something from him but never ever send any appreciation or even a simple 'Thank you', so he decided to call it a day....
            Indeed, I also remember that meeting with Wendt. Jochen and I had a meeting with Wendt and all over sudden these reenactors showed up at the end of our meeting. I was very annoyed when one of the reenactors turned out to be a "fellow" Dutchman who, upon realizing that we were Dutch too, greeted us with "Houzee" (the NSB - Dutch national-socialsts greeting) and immediately started to tell me that "Malmédy" is a lie and that "the British placed the bodies of Americans fallen in combat there to blacken the Waffen-SS". Shows to me that a number of SS reenactors are far from a-political (as they often pretent to be) and I was glad that I got rid of him as soon as possible. All-in-all I was very glad that Wendt helped me with my research, confirming some of the corrections I made to errors in earlier interviews Wendt gave.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X