Panzer jäger grouping, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer jäger grouping, help!

Just bought this little group consisting of 4 docs.

Wondering about the last document he received, for the Eastern front medal, as far as I understand Stalag was a POW camp, in this case for mainly French prisoners.
    Why serving as a Panzer jäger and then being a camp guard? Also notice that he went from a Gefreiter to a NCO in less than a year.
    The Stalag doc also doesn't mention anything about Panzer Jäger as well.

I see that one doc is hand signed by quite famous Officer Nehring, but who signed the Stalag doc, looks like the commander but who was it?
    Attached Files

the date you see on the ostmedaille doc is not the date the award document was made, it could take up to 2 years for medals to get awarded, especially for men who had moved units. I would guess this man had been wounded or got some illness which meant he was no longer fit for frontline duty.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Agree with Simon, he got the VWA Silber for his first wound so must have been serious.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPS View Post
        Agree with Simon, he got the VWA Silber for his first wound so must have been serious.
        Sorry, but he got IAB in SILVER, not the wound badge....
        But I believe, Simon is absolutely right.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X