Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry regiment 104 name research

Hi all,

Is there a list with names of soldiers-officers who served in the infantry regiment 104
    I have a tunic from a Oberfahnrich named Eichholz who fought in Africa and was promoted as a Hauptmann before he was captured.
    This is the only information given and was wondering if there are any service records to confirm
    If anybody has information it will be very helpfull.

THANKS

Originally posted by AGFA40 View Post
    Hi all,

Is there a list with names of soldiers-officers who served in the infantry regiment 104
    I have a tunic from a Oberfahnrich named Eichholz who fought in Africa and was promoted as a Hauptmann before he was captured.
    This is the only information given and was wondering if there are any service records to confirm
    If anybody has information it will be very helpfull.

THANKS
    In 1939/40 Leutnant Eichholz is listed as a Zugführer in 3. Kompanie IR104.

Comment

Thanks,

Do you have more information or where can i search.
      I presume its the same Eichholz,i realy want to find out where he was captured
      By your information now i know he was transported by airplane to Lybia(Benina) on the 27/04/1941
      Or by ship with convoy 24 on the 6th of may
      By both records they are speaking about 3.Kompagnie schutzen regiment 104

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by AGFA40 View Post
        Thanks,

Do you have more information or where can i search.
        I presume its the same Eichholz,i realy want to find out where he was captured
        By your information now i know he was transported by airplane to Lybia(Benina) on the 27/04/1941
        Or by ship with convoy 24 on the 6th of may
        By both records they are speaking about 3.Kompagnie schutzen regiment 104

Best regards
        Here is all I could find out:

His name is Konrad Eichholz he was promoted to Leutnant in September 1938 - He served in 1939/40 as a Zugführer in 3. Kompanie IR104 (later SR104) and reached the rank of Hauptmann. By 1941 he was an Oberleutnant and probably a Kompanieführer.

Comment

OK,thank you

3th companie belonged to the 1.Bataillon and if the information is correct then 1.Bataillon fight at Tobruk and Halfay pass where it surrendered in Jan 1942
          From there i have information he was send to england and later Canada
          There the information will end.
          The fact is that the tunic is a pre war private tailored tunic so mine question is
          did some parts of the unit not recieved tropical uniforms maybe as reason they where from arrival straight in the offense or as a officer you could make your choice what to wear.

Best regards

Comment

Comment

Comment

I found some information in a book called Afrikakorps written by
                LT.COL.A.J Barker on page 81 there is a action describe and i was thrilled to see actual the name Eichholz.
                Now i know when and where he surrendered.

Thanks

Comment

Here is his piped tunic with a smal convolute for sale.
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=606846

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X