Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudolf von Ribbentrop - Letter

Hello,

A few days ago I sent a letter to Rudolf von Ribbentrop. Now, I asked him for the autograoh. The problem is this, I saw other people talking about this, and some of them mentioned that they added money to a letter so he can pay the parcel. And I didn't done that... now I feel stupid. If he sees a letter without money would he returnrne it back with signed photo (which is mine)?

Also, I wonder, is this Held still in good health shape, does he signs the photos?

Anyways, what do you think should I send another parcel or just hope he will return the parcel with signed photo in it.

Also... does he speaks English, because I tried to write in German... it looks nice but, how correct the spelling is I can't really say...

P. S.
    Didn't done this for money, I just respect people like Ribbentrop so I want to be proud to have a signature of such a brave man. People like him really make the world better.

If you´ll get a reply write another letter, say thank you and send him 5€ for his costs.
    His english is very good.

Comment

Yeah... I learned to late that he speaks English like an Englishman... he lived in London... god damn it, me moron writing a letter, in German... it's such a crap. It's not so bad I mean, but I could express my self way better if I wrote in English... what can you do.

I'll send him 5 euros, an apology and thank him anyway, no matter if he sent me a signed photo or not. After all, I'm talking to a Hauptsturmführer

Comment

Im not trying to be funny, but i think you better stick with german for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          Im not trying to be funny, but i think you better stick with german for a while.
          What a dick of a thing to say. English is his second language and what he wrote was almost perfect, apart from a few tiny errors.

I'm not trying to be funny, but your grammar isn't that good. You omitted the apostrophe in "I'm" and didn't capitalise the "G" in German.

People in glass houses...

Comment

Jmark makes some good points here. Indeed, "a dick of a thing to say".

Comment

Well, no matter. The goal is that he can understand what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidhøggr View Post
                If you´ll get a reply write another letter, say thank you and send him 5€ for his costs.
                Hello, my name is Nick. I knew the nephew of Joachim von Ribbentrop // cousin of rudolf von Ribbentrop. Are you guys still writing letters to Rudolf? I would like to write to him telling him about my great uncle Fritz Dinger, a Luftwaffe ace. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidhøggr View Post
                  Hello, my name's Nick. I would like to write a letter to rudolf von Ribbentrop. I knew his cousin. And, I'd like to tell him about my great uncle being a Luftwaffe ace.

Comment

Can somebody help me

Hello, I knew the cousin of Rudolf von Ribbentrop before he died. He was a close family friend that lived close by. He shared my stories with me when I was growing up. He Rarely talked about his uncle (Joachim v. Ribbentrop or Rudolf). Anyways, I would like to write a letter to Rudolf, but don't know his address. If somebody could email me his address, it'd be great appreciated. Here's my email & I'll compensate you monetary.
                    Dinger.industries@gmail.com

Comment

I think good ol´ Rudi appreciate, that you write in German, even if it´s not the best version. Most of those old veterans were/are gentlemen, and appreciate that younger people have interest in the history and are, perhaps, searching the truth.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X