Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Charlemagne identify

Hi,

Can someone help me in identifying this name? He served in a SS Charlemagne unit

It could be something like Dorffler-Qluermiq or perhaps Haffler- Almerua or ????

Thanks.

Martin

Martin,

Sorry to say that I am not that happy with that unit stamp.........

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hello,

I can only confirm the opinion of Eric-Jan, a bad copy. Sorry. Is it possible to see the rest of the document ? Cordial greetings.

Polux

Comment

Hi,

C-R-A-P.

All the documents with a "division Charlemagne" stamp are FAKES.

No such stamp existed. Source ? Robert Soulat, translator at the Brigade Headquarters (still alive and well) !
        I give him from time to time pictures of all the fakes pictured on the web.
        I know that many collectors on the WAF have such documents, but i'm very sorry for them, they are just fakes...

It seemed that a german forger is milking on the fakes "Charlemagne" documents.
        This is the same as the few fakes field-orders from the Pomerania campaign, with blue and red pens...

See You

Vince

Comment

What stamp did they use ?

French Volunteer....Whay stamp did they use ?? It would be nice to know to help collectors from being "Milked" ! Thanks, Tom

Comment

Well the stamp was already a fake one for me anyway !, as the font that is used is the wrong one and without any doubts.
            There are stampers for other Divisions going around with the same wrong font for many - may years now.
            They were coming from the east, brass stamper, dark brown wooden handle etc.

See all those other threads over fake stampers !

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hi,

all the division rank "Charlemagne" stamps are fakes, as most of the "1945 late war documents"...
              Real stamp : brigade rank.

But you may understand that giving this information will give the fakers a new way to make more convincing fakes unfortunately.
              I don't think that posting the real stamp will be a good way to help the collectors. SS french items are highly faked.
              At least, you can be sure that all the division rank stamps from 1944 to 1945 are bogus.

I didn't checked all the variations of the fake stamps...
              Fortunately, most of the signatures are also bogus too (Krukenberg, Fenet, Puaud etc). ^_^

See You

Vince

Comment

Damn Fakers !

FrenchVolunteer, I agree with you, we can't help these Damn Faker's ! They make our interest & collecting very hard & expensive ! Thanks for the info you gave. I saw on a website a photo of an EK2 document & medal. The Document was signed by General Krukenberg. I wonder if it was also a fake ? Tom

Comment

Hi,

i think we all think to the same picture, which is on the website of one of our friends of the WAF...
                  This document is unfortunately fake, M. Soulat and I found at least 5 epic errors on it, that confirm that the document is 500% bogus.
                  - signature : fake
                  - stamp : fake
                  - name : error in it, fake
                  - date : historical inaccuracy, fake

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X