Stabsmusikmeister Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabsmusikmeister Research

I'm trying to find information on a Musikmeister named Hagen or Kagen. This name comes from the interior of a Artillerie-piped Reichswehr period tunic and I think it's the latter name: "Hagen." Does anyone know/have any Musikkorps documents from this period which might list all of the Heeresmusikmeisters, or would it require a unit by unit search among the named regimental staff?

Thanks,

Shawn

Originally posted by Shawn Southern View Post
    I'm trying to find information on a Musikmeister named Hagen or Kagen. This name comes from the interior of a Artillerie-piped Reichswehr period tunic and I think it's the latter name: "Hagen." Does anyone know/have any Musikkorps documents from this period which might list all of the Heeresmusikmeisters, or would it require a unit by unit search among the named regimental staff?

Thanks,

Shawn
    I know only Obermusikmeister Karl Hagen (1867 - 1941), but he was at the active military service only in Kaiser Germany. After the war he was a leader of the "Reichsverband ehemaliger Musikmeister der Armee und Marine" in Berlin.

Comment

Thanks!

Auceps:

That's good information and appreciated. At the time of the original post, I was evaluating a Third Reich period Stabsmusikmeister tunic that was at auction. Ultimately, even absent confirmation that there was a band leader with that last name, there were just too many other concerns with the tunic and I decided to pass on bidding. My ultimate conclusion was that it had been assembled from parts. I ultimately found a very nice waffenrock for an Obermusikmeister of Artillerie Regiment 41, complete with the aiguillette and brocade belt. I've not found documentation of who the band leader(s) were/was for that regiment over the Third Reich period of it's existence. Do you happen to know? There is a tailors tag in the jacket, but it's faded almost beyond recognition.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Comment

You could try this:
        Deutsche Gesellschaft für Militärmusik e.V.
        president (anyway until 2004):
        Dr.Hans Freese
        Elsbachstrasse 4
        51379 Leverkusen, Germany

Comment

Thanks

Wilhelm:

Thanks! That is an excellent idea. I actually need to contact them on an unrelated matter. I have a copy of the address book from the very early 20th century. This lists all of the band leaders, hoboisten and spielleute. But, I suspect this 3rd Reich Musikmeister likely was younger.

Thanks again.

Shawn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X