Stab/Lw.Skisicherungsbatl.d.Lfl.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stab/Lw.Skisicherungsbatl.d.Lfl.1

Hi Iam looking for any information on this unit and what its role would have been used in, any information is welcomed.

thanks in advance

All I can find at the moment is the Feldpost number!

(30.7.1941-28.2.1942) Stab Luftwaffen-Ski-Sicherungs-Bataillon der Luftwaffen-Kommando 1
    (1.3.1942-7.9.1942) Stab Luftwaffen-Ski-Sicherungs-Bataillon des Luftflotten-Kommando 1
    (8.9.1942-11.3.1943) canelled,

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

what a strange unit, it would certainly be interesting to know more about it.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Ian

for the info i have a award document to a guy in this unit, bu dont know much about its role

Comment

The only other reference I can find at the moment but not entirley sure it is the same unit is with Luftwaffen-Division Meindl. Ski-Bataillon Luftflotte 1 was attached to the Division periodically. Under the same Luftflotte but different designation!

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by new collector View Post
            Thanks Ian

for the info i have a award document to a guy in this unit, bu dont know much about its role
            When is this document dated and can you show it?

/Ian

Comment

Ian,it is dated 7 mai 1942 and signed by the generaloberst chef der luftflotte 1 und befehlshaber ost, it is the award for the war merit cross 2nd class with swords
              I will try and show it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X