Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Pow in Camp Devens

Hello

I own a red cross card that has been sent to “Soldat Bodo Gerstenberg MBS 25201” in Pow Camp Devens (CO Po Box 20 NY USA) in October 19th 1944 by his father

Would it be possibile to know when or where this men has been taken POW ? maybe his unit ?

Thanks
    Last edited by nicolas75; 01-01-2012, 09:08 AM.

Btt

Comment

I wish someone could answer

Comment

252 people have read this but obviously chose not to answer, however I have only come across this now...

The only way of knowing what unit he belonged to and where he was captured would be to write to the Deutsches Dienststelle (WaST), however they probably will not reply to you if you are not next of kin.

Additionally for a trace you need his date and place of birth.

Otherwise unless someone on the forum has his Soldbuch for example, you will not know anything further.

Regards,
        Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

You will need to translate but from what I can tell this details his early political ties and also mentions his internment in Fort Devens. I also think he was an acclaimed graphics designer from the period.

EDIT: See this link> He was talented http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CFMQ7gEwAg

Same man or not ????
          Last edited by Degens; 07-06-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X