Holder Finnish Cross of Freedom 3rd Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holder Finnish Cross of Freedom 3rd Class

Trying to find a list of Germans awarded the Finnish Cross of Freedom (Cross of Liberty) 3rd Class.

All lists I've found are of Finnish personnel.

I have a company level German officer who is listed as having won the award.

In the document it's listed as:

finn Freiheitskreuz III.Klasse

If no name list exists due to a high number of awards, can someone tell me how many in total were given, or preferably how many Germans were awarded the decoration ?

A total of 9539 III class crosses (with swords) where awarded between 1941-1945
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
      A total of 9539 III class crosses (with swords) where awarded between 1941-1945
      Deepest thanks for the data, seems unusual for a lower rank combat officer (German) to receive based on those who got the higher grades primarily being Finnish

Comment

Mark,

what rank did this company level officer have?

Out of memory the finns had graded the Order of Liberty in to ranks that they where ment to be awarded to but this was not always the case.

The list goes something like this (if i recall it right that is)

privates - II class medal
        nco´s - I class medal
        IInd Lt - LT - IV class cross
        Capt-Maj - III class cross
        Col - II class cross

But as i sadi this was not always the case, it´s very often seen that a NCO recieved a IV class Cross for instance.
        Regards
        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi, Erich Rudorffer has the Finnisches Freiheitskreuz, but i am not sure what class sorry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X