August Striet - 1940 KIA - FJ Related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Striet - 1940 KIA - FJ Related?

I own a few documents to a certain Bernhard Striet, who was killed during 1940. On Christmas 1940, his parents received a piece of the Christmas tree as a remembrence from the Aufklärungs-Staffel of the 7th Flieger-Division. This unit is FJ related. The document is signed by Hauptmann Hans Lampertsdörfer, who was killed half a year later during a recon flight in Greece, on the 9th of May 1941 as head of the Aufklärungs-Staffel of the XI. Fliegerkorps. The studio portrait of Bernhard Striet is developed by a photographer in Stendal.

I can't find his entry on the Volksbund site. Perhaps someone else has more success in researching his place and time of death and the unit he served in at the time?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

I made a mistake in the topic title - August is the name of his brother of whom I own the Wehrpass. Here's Bernhard's Arbeitsdienstkarte.
    Attached Files

Comment

And last, the letter by the Aufkl.Staffel 7. Flieger-Division, still including the branch of the 1940 Christmas tree.
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone? Must be a Western Front KIA, possibly FJ related.

Comment

Tim

I guess you've seen this?

http://www.ww2.dk/air/recon/aufklxi.html
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon, according to my information there was already an Aufklärungsstaffel in the 7th Flieger-Division from its creation in September 1938. The Staffel was for several years under the command of Oberleutnant Langguth and participated in the attack on Holland.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
              Anyone? Must be a Western Front KIA, possibly FJ related.
              Looking at the letter it could also be accident, suicide, etc. Anyway, he isn't known in the Dutch-papers as hospitalised, POW, etc.

Comment

Thanks for looking Ypenburg. Yes, could of course be an accident, suicide or natural death as well. They don't say explicitly he was KIA.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X