Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter Bohm

Hello,

Can someone please give me a history on KC winner Walter Bohm, please. I have searched and found very little information on him

Hi

http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&source...bFUsgA&cad=rja

Phil.

Comment

Thanks but I was hoping to find more what vehicles were in his command as well as the battles that he fought in.

Thank you for the website

Comment

Vehicles

I had the great pleasure to correspond with Herr Böhm back in the mid-80s/early 90s and he was always willing to help on answering my many questions.

I asked him what vehicles he served on and in
        1.(Panzerspäh)/Kradschützen-Btl. 43 he served on Sd.Kfz. 231 8 wheeled armored cars.

With 1./Panzeraufklärungs-Abteilung 8 he served on the Sd.Kfz. 250/9 Halbketten-Spähwagen.

I hope this helps.
        Regards,
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael H. Pruett View Post
          I had the great pleasure to correspond with Herr Böhm back in the mid-80s/early 90s and he was always willing to help on answering my many questions.

I asked him what vehicles he served on and in
          1.(Panzerspäh)/Kradschützen-Btl. 43 he served on Sd.Kfz. 231 8 wheeled armored cars.

With 1./Panzeraufklärungs-Abteilung 8 he served on the Sd.Kfz. 250/9 Halbketten-Spähwagen.

I hope this helps.
          Regards,
          Mike
          When did he serve or was transferred to 1./ Kradschützen-Bataillon 43? He served as Schreiber der Schirrmeisterei u. Tankwart der 1. Kompanie/ Aufklärungs-Abteilung 13. In October 1942 he got sick (Gelbsucht) and was hospitalized in Striegau.

I do not have any information in my archive that said he was transferred to Kradschützen-Bataillon 43?

Comment

1.(Panzerspäh)Kradschützen-Btl. 43

Hello Houwe,
            Sorry for the long delay in responding to your question but I've been very busy with work lately.
            First, some background. Herr Böhm did serve with
            1.(Panzerspäh)/Aufklärungs-Abteilung (mot) 13.
            On 10. April 1942 AA 13 merged with Kradschützen-Btl. 43 and AA 13 no longer (officially) existed after this date.
            While doing research for the book written by myself and Robert J. Edwards, FIELD UNIFORMS OF GERMAN ARMY PANZER FORCES IN WORLD WAR 2,
            J.J. Fedorowicz Publishing Inc. 1993 Herr Böhm supplied a number of his war time photos which were used in this book. On page 142, Plate 6.9 is a photo of Obergefreiter Walter Böhm (forward driver) with the members of his Sd. Kfz. 231 crew. Oberwachtmeister Roman Simon was the vehicle commander.
            I hope this helps.
            Regards,
            Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X