Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Pz.Armee - Stab Locations 1942-43

Hello all,
    Would anyone be able to tell me please the main locations where 4 Pz.Armee situated its HQ for the period of Sept 1942 through to Feb 1943 (basically the Stalingrad period)? Due to a campaign listing in a Wehrpass I know of all the campaigns it was involved with in that period but it doesn't actually state where the Stabsquartier was actually located. I have checked Lexikon and various posts on AHF but nothing comes to light.

Not too sure if this will help, but I have a soldbuch to a man who served in the 'Kdo. Panzergruppe 4/Stab.' which was updated to 'Kdo. 4 Pz. A./Stab.' He served in it from Early 1941 to sometime in 1944. I can show you scans if you are interested?

Comment

Hello Brandon,
      Thanks for the offer and while it is appreciated and would be good to see some images of the SB I'm not sure that it will help determine the actual physical locations of the HQ. The WP I have is to an officer who served on the Staff of 4 Pz.Armee as Ic from May 1942 to June 1944 and I am just tying to trace a path of his/the Stab whereabouts rather then the campaigns he was involved with which are amply covered in the Campaign lists in the WP.

Comment

Fast dates

Here are some fast dates from my archives.

August 5, 1942 Pimen-Cherni

September 1, 1942 Plodovitoye

October 1, 1942 Verkhne-Tsaritsynskii

November 1, 1942 Verkhne-Tsaritsynskii

November 20, 1942 Verkhne-Tsaritsynskii

November 21, 1942 Buzinovka

Look here (120 Mb): http://downloads.sturmpanzer.net/Gui...ies_sorted.pdf

Go to NARA! http://www.archives.gov/research/index.html

Order the CD!

Russ

www.fireonthevolga.com

Comment

Many thanks for those dates Russ and for the pointers, it is much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X