KM Sailor - Information Inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Sailor - Information Inquiry

Here is my KM Donald Duck Cap which I have had for a while now...

Any idea on where you can access information regarding the sailors name and serial numbers etc... I am interested to find out more about the original owner.

Stadelmann N.9312 / 40T.

Thanks in advance.

(I also posted this in the cloth headgear forum, although this covers both categories).

Cheers.

Of course it might not be either of them as the database is very far from complete but there are 2 Stadelmann's in the Ubootwaffe crew lists, both submariners...
    Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks 'hucks' for posting that information.

Those were the results from ubootwaffe.net , although I imagine there were numerous Stadelmanns in the Kriegsmarine as a whole.

Is there no records database or something with regards to the serial numbers in the cap to narrow the search down, or is that nothing to do specifically with the sailor?

Just asking out of interest as I have not attempted to research anyone in the armed forces thus far.
      Last edited by Max Wünsche; 08-04-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

The number does belong to the sailor - N (for Nordsee) recruit entry number / year and the letter is his trade (I think T = Torpedomechaniker). As for a database I don't believe there is one on-line but you could try one of these although how happy they are to help collectors I have no idea...
        http://ubootwaffe.net/research/reports.cgi?a=6;p=3
        Last edited by hucks216; 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

The letter T refers to the engine (maschinen) and radio operators career paths.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Your help is very much appreciated, thankyou for all of that information (Simon / hucks216).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X