Who Sunk the HMAS Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Sunk the HMAS Sydney

I recently received this request because I serve on the board of The Joe Foss Institute -

" I have been contacted by Ben Blake, the son of ex-US Marine Corsair Mechanic K.T.Blake who was under the command of Joe Foss at Guadalcanal in 1942-3 when a captured Japanese submariner confessed that his vessel was responsible for torpedoing the Australian cruiser HMAS SYDNEY in November 1941 and then machinegunning her survivors in the water, with the result that all 645 hands including my father were lost. Officially she was sunk by the German commerce raider Kormoran, but ever since I began investigating my father's death 35 years ago I have realised this was a cover-up to conceal the fact that Japan was not yet officially in the war. I have found plenty of evidence for this, but so far have lacked firm documentary proof of the facts and I am wondering therefore if you could tell me whether Joe Foss may have left any record of that interrogation either in his private papers or in records held by National Archives. Sincerely yours, Michael Montgomery

We are searching Joe's papers but does anyone else know anything about this?

Thanks for you time and help

Spencer

Sounds like a complete load of rubbish I'm afraid. Here is the official, and comprehensive, final report on her sinking (Chapter 27 dispels the Japanese submarine theory)...
    http://www.defence.gov.au/sydneyii/f...ort/index.html

Comment

HMAS Sydney

Thank you Thank you!!!

You save us a lot of time conducting useless research.

Best regards,

Spencer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X