General Von Trapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Von Trapp

I have a neighbor who states he is related to a German General named Von Trapp, he stated that Von Trapp is the General who led their failed offense to cut off the Port of Antwerp. I know Pieper, and Sepp Dietrich led combat groups but I have never heard of a Von Trapp. Does anyone know if a General Von Trapp led the German forces in their retreat from Antwerp, Bastogne.

The only officer I know with that name was an Austrian naval officer with many singing daughters

Comment

Hers is another stroy which is true, Back in the day when I was a Junkie a man approcahed me on the street about his car getting broken into, he wanted to know if I could retrieve his itmes with a small reward as a possibilty, I asked around but found out that their stuff had been already sold but he related to me that his mother was a nanny to the Von Trapp familly ( as in tour manager ) and I did indeed meet her ( an Irish Woman ) and I still to this day cherhis that moment,

Comment

I did a lot of research and did n o t find a German "General Trapp" in WW2

Gerdan

Comment

Thank all who have said that Von Trapp did not exist, my research indicated that also but it helps when experts such as yourself help to confirm this false report. sometimes I wonder why people try to pretend to be something that they are not, such as my neighbor. Once again, Thanks

Comment

Here a link to Captain Georg von Trapp. A submarine commander in the first world war.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...e=gr&GRid=1609

Comment

As dogman 68 was looking for a "General" we all did not include Captain Georg Ritter von Trapp in our research. Born 1880 in WW2 he was an old guy but not a general.

Gerdan

Comment

Yeah, sounds like this guy is believing his own hype.
                At least he didn't claim to be Himmlers grandson or something ,, Not that that would be much to brag about for most folks, true or not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X