Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Grenadier Regiment 74

Hello to All,

I am interesting for any kind of informations about 74 Panzer Grenadier Regiment from German 19. Panzer Division. Especially history of their January 1945 episode.

I'm looking for "Inf.- und Pz.-Gren.-Regiment 74" by Adalbert Wasner book, but find it in my country it's almost miracle Maybe someone could scan for my this few sites about January 1945 ? I'll be very appreciated.

Greetings.

Originally posted by eagle100 View Post
    Hello to All,

I am interesting for any kind of informations about 74 Panzer Grenadier Regiment from German 19. Panzer Division. Especially history of their January 1945 episode.

I'm looking for "Inf.- und Pz.-Gren.-Regiment 74" by Adalbert Wasner book, but find it in my country it's almost miracle Maybe someone could scan for my this few sites about January 1945 ? I'll be very appreciated.

Greetings.
    This is all I have from the book, German Order of Battle by Samuel W. Mitcham J.R.

"This Division was activated and began forming on January 27, 1944, in Troop Maneuver area milowitz in the Protectorate (fromerly Czechoslovakia). I t was planned for the new division to absorb Shadow Division Milowitz under the direction of the 173rd Reserve Division. This process was cancelled on February 28th, however, and the troops were sent to Army Group south, the 320th Infantry Division and the 389th Infantry Division. The staff of the 74th Infantry was eventually used to form the Staff, 237th Infantry Division. The grenadier regiments of the 74th Infantry were never completely formed."

Hope it helped somewhat.

Sam P.

Comment

Book

This shop here is showing a copy but you will have to email them to check availability.

http://www.zvab.com/displayBookDetai...=148588957&b=1

Comment

Originally posted by monty View Post
        This shop here is showing a copy but you will have to email them to check availability.

http://www.zvab.com/displayBookDetai...=148588957&b=1
        Monty, thanks very much for your help. I will contact the seller, but I have to admit that price is unfortunately very high for me Especially that I'm interested only in January 1945 episode of 74 PzGrenRgt history.

Greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by THATGUY View Post
          This is all I have from the book, German Order of Battle by Samuel W. Mitcham J.R.

"This Division was activated and began forming on January 27, 1944, in Troop Maneuver area milowitz in the Protectorate (fromerly Czechoslovakia). I t was planned for the new division to absorb Shadow Division Milowitz under the direction of the 173rd Reserve Division. This process was cancelled on February 28th, however, and the troops were sent to Army Group south, the 320th Infantry Division and the 389th Infantry Division. The staff of the 74th Infantry was eventually used to form the Staff, 237th Infantry Division. The grenadier regiments of the 74th Infantry were never completely formed."

Hope it helped somewhat.

Sam P.
          Sam, thanks very much for you too. But you have to misunderstood me, I think. I have asked about 74 Panzer Grenadier Regiment (earlier 74 Infanterie Regiment) not about 74 Infantry Division . Anyway thanks a lot.

Greetings for you Sam and sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by eagle100 View Post
            Sam, thanks very much for you too. But you have to misunderstood me, I think. I have asked about 74 Panzer Grenadier Regiment (earlier 74 Infanterie Regiment) not about 74 Infantry Division . Anyway thanks a lot.

Greetings for you Sam and sorry for my english
            Ohhhh... its quite alright. Cheers!

Sam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X