1er BFM Commando and a capture RKT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1er BFM Commando and a capture RKT

My knights cross came with a story in that it was taken in 1944 by a member of the free French commandos in 1944, (the RKT was captured, wounded but later died) this would have been during the Vlissingen or Walcheren campaign, any chance anyone has information on who it may be, many thanks, Paul

Any idea if we're talking NCO, junior officer, senior officer and which branch of service?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks Simon, as the story was related to me, it belonging to a "German officer"

needle in a haystack ??

Comment

Interesting story i'm living nearby Flushing and never heard of a german RKT officer how has been died from his wounds. Maybe Hans Houterman or Hans Sakkers could help you they are well known writers especially with the battle of Walcheren they have doing a lot of research. Send me a pm if you like and i will send to you their personal email address,
        Regards Christian

Comment

Hello

Infatuate operation

http://www.combinedops.com/Walcheren.htm

list of German forces with date of capture of officer in "organization and forces"

Herlé

Comment

Great information, thanks, will PM

Comment

Little bump, just in case something springs to mind, thanks, Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X