Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Commanders of Penang island base

Hello fellow researchers:

I am trying to piece in missing data to the careers of these two KM officers.
    Pre-war biographical data, ship's postings and the dates they were in command of the U boat base and/or radio site at Georgetown, Penang island are of special interest to me.

Fregattenkapitän Werner Trendtel; B: 15 May 1906. Assigned to Kriegsmarine High Command from Apr 1938 until May 1941 and then transferred to the German embassy in Tokyo as part of the Marine Attaché staff from May 1941 until Apr 1943. Does anyone have any more biographical information about him? Especially the dates he was in command of the supply area in Penang.

Korvettenkapitän Wolfgang Erhardt; B: 14 Mar 1907. Commanded T 7. Later served as leader of naval attaché office in Malayasia and military attaché office in Singapore from Mar 1943 until the end of the war. Taken into Allied custody and finally released from captivity in Mar 1947. Later commanded Bundesmarine's sail training ship GORCH FOCK from 1958 until 1962. Does anyone have any more biographical information about him? Especially the dates he was in command of the supply area in Penang.

Any data would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Joe

hi Joe,

I just came across this thread you created . Please do checkout my website http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.sg/

Hope it helps !!

Cheers,
    ibrahim

Comment

ibrahim:

Thanks for the link to your site!! It is FANTASTIC! It will help me greatly.
      Great info. I plan to spend several days reading it over closely.

Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X