Der Weg der 15. Panzergrenadier-Divisio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Weg der 15. Panzergrenadier-Divisio

Does anyone have this reference? I am looking for info on the 33rd AR and officer names. I cannot get it through ILL or find it for sale on-line.

Kurt Albert Rust - Der Weg der 15. Panzergrenadier-Division von Sizilien bis Wesermünde (2 vol)

Hi Johny

Any officer in particular?

I have (a copy in one band) of the two Rust books
    contains Stellenbesetzung june 1943

Also P-032c (Maucke) ist very interesting regarding Pz.Art.Rgt 33
    It gives a Stellenbesetzung stand 15.12.1944

No wonder that you don't find the Rust books. I've seen only one original set the last years on the net and it went for 500+ US$

You could find , like I, a seller on ebay who sells the Rust book. Once the book arrived at home, it became clear that it was a non-official home made "reproduction" in one band. I prefer first editions but ...

Peter

Comment

Hello Peter,

Yes, I was told he only published them on demand and sold them to other Veterans. Like most the rare unit histories there are probably were less than 200-300 copies made. I collect Nebeltruppe Histories. I have the original copy of the History for the 51st Nebelwerfer Rgt. by Hermann Friedel, it was never copy righted and now someone is selling it without crediting him, also his home movies. He died a couple years ago and so they are profiting off of his work as far as I can tell without crediting him.

I have a parade tunic for an RKT that was in AR 33 as a Hauptmann. He probably received the Knights Cross in another Artillery unit and then transfered to the 33rd after he was commissioned as an Officer. The tunic is for an NCO but was upgraded. I do not know the name. There is a chance to loops for the RK were added but they look pretty good and it was sold without this being mentioned. I was hoping there may be mention or an image in there of him with a name.

Comment

Hello Johnny
        Just went through the "Rust", he only gives a list of men who received the RK beïng in the 15PGD. No mention of others who came to the 15PGD already having the RK.
        For the 33 Art.Rgt. there is no one at all listed with the RK.
        Peter

Comment

Thanks, that is a difficulty, the unit histories only list the people awarded the RK as members of the unit not RKs that transfered into them. This man probably was awarded it as an NCO and transfered to the AR 33 after he went through officer training. I was hoping maybe there was a picture. Thanks for trying to help. I will have to try to find an officer roster in NARA from the later part of the War.

Comment

Johnny, did you ever find an officer roster in NARA for the 15. Panzergrenadier-Division?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X